This stone church was erected in 1877, It is one of the 5 classic steeple churches ever built in Elora. In 1917 the building was no longer used for church services and became the home for several community events, as well as at one point an opera hall.
It's unknown when the building became abandoned, but it was sold to a developer in 2012 and has undergone a thorough restoration. It is now the home office building for One Axe Inc.
Included in the gallery below is a photo of the Elora Post Office taken in 1860 with the post master out front playing guitar..