Uploader is WORKING NOW. Add your photos :)
Ontario Abandoned Places
Urban Exploration & Photographs from Abandoned Houses Across Canada

Brient (ghost town)



Location #5
City: Algoma District
Basic MemberPublic
Status: Unknown
user avatar
Created By:OAP
Creation Date: 1/1/2006
Last Updated: 2/20/2020
donateAdministratorFull MemberDonated TimeWebsiteGold Star
Brient was a railside village located a km east of the ghost town of Michipicoten on the Michipicoten Harbour Rd., 9 kms south of Wawa.

In 1912 the ACR finished a line from Hawk Junction to the Soo and they chose Brient's flat locale to build harbour yards and maintenance facilities. The village had had no streets, but had shops, an office, and bunkhomes and worker cabins.

When the harbour traffic fell and when the ACR built new facilities at Hawk Junction the town died.

It is not to be confused with the railside mill town in Algonquin Park called Brent.



Old Photos
Brient (ghost town)
Created on:2/20/2016
Created by: OAP
3 photos



Address
Google Maps are only shown to logged in members.

GPS:

Comments

Alert iconTo request this location be removed, Click Here.