For original Balls Falls entry, see link below.
is currently part of a small Hamlet in vine country Ontario.
Originated as â€œBalls' Millsâ€, It was founded by the Balls brothers-John and George Balls to be exact. John and George were loyal British Soldiers, who were awarded the land that they would eventually build three Mills on. Operating from approx. 1809-1950. The mills ran off the upper and lower water
falls. Two on the upper-and one on the lower falls.
Today, the â€œWoolen Mill (built 1830's)â€, remains can still be seen on the upper falls, and the â€œGrist Mill'' (1809)is still structurally maintained by the lower falls- as a historic site,along with few other pioneer buildings which were part of the village the mills were situated on.
They can be seen close by. (See Pictures). These â€œotherâ€ buildings include the blacksmith and an old church.
in 1852 there were approximately 19 Residents of the village.
Other industries started to take over the area around the falls in the 1950's- and
ultimately lead to the former village named â€œGlen Elgins' ''demise-and was eventually sold to The Niagara Peninsula conservation Authorities. 200 of the original 1200 acres, still sit today as a heavily protected Historical site.
* Add your galleries here..