This cemetery was established in 1845, behind a log School[in the week]/Church, built in 1825 until 1869. The log school wasn't recognised by the township and thus did not receive funding. An odd vacant area, now, in front of the cemetery.......................... Erin Township was purchased from the Mississauga Indians in 1818, by the crown. Surveying started shortly after that and Nathaniel, George and Eldrich Roszell settled here in 1820 from granted land for their military service in the War of 1812. More settlers arrived and by 1820 Aaron Wheller had built a grist mill at Hillsburgh. In 1841 the township was 1,368 people living here. Ballinafad is named after Thomas Merry's home town in Ireland. A brick church was built in 1842 as well as the Post Office and a store. That Post Office burnt down and a new stone post office was built by Frank Betz. A fire destroyed the last hotel in 1912 where a mill was built and torn down in 1992. Adam Ackert made pumps here from 1860-1900. The old Methodist church was demolished in 1954. A village hall built in 1870 was sold for scrap in 1961. A wooden plank road made Trafalgar Road really popular back in the day.